Table of content
angouts is an application that Google introduced at one of its conferences in 2013. The software immediately pulls in contacts from your smartphone's phone book, your computer, and the Gmail mail service. However, it's not always handy. That's why in this guide we will explain in detail how to delete Hangout contacts and what deadlocks users have with the application.
Detailed instructions, how to delete Google Hangouts contact
This app was created to make it easier for people to communicate and to bring everyone you've ever communicated with together in one place. On the one hand, that way you would never lose a person's email, phone number, or profile, which is good. On the other hand, you have to regularly clean up your Google Hangouts contact list because of the specifically designed interface and synchronization. It's annoying at times.
Method one: Remove a user from Google Contacts
Unfortunately, messenger developers did not provide an option to remove a person directly through the mobile or desktop app. If you don't want to not be connected to a specific human, you'll have to reorganize your Google Hangouts list by yourself.
Option #1 How to delete Hangout contacts
At first, open any convenient browser on your smartphone and type contacts.google.com in the address field.
Usually, unnecessary or unimportant names are stored in the «Other contacts» section. Tap on this line, and it will take you to a new page. Here will be a listing of those who are not part of your notebook and have not been added.
To remove an unnecessary person, find his/her name in the list and click on it. In the upper-right corner, you'll find an icon in the form of three vertical dots. Press on the icon so that a drop-down list appears. In it, you will see a menu of possible settings.
At the very bottom there will be a link that allows you to delete Hangout contact forever. Tap on it and validate your operation.
Option #2 How to delete Hangout contacts
If you need to stop communicating with someone who has already been added to your list, then you need to go a little differently.
Step 1. In the menu on the left you should go to the Google Hangouts contact.
Step 2. From the list of names, select the person you want to say goodbye to. At the top right, there will be a dot icon again. Click on it to bring up the option to wipe out the acquaintances.
Note: If you've also been wondering how you can hide people in Hangouts, you should be doing it in the same menu. Above, the second-to-last line of the menu allows you to create a hidden contact in Gmail with one click.
Step 3. Confirm the action, and it's done!
Another handy feature – you can get rid of unnecessary conversations in groups. Below we will attach screenshots of how to do this with the previously added people and your off-list users.
Please notice that the person you've swept will be able to write to you again. If you want to never communicate with certain folks at all, then you should block them.
How to block Google contact quickly and efficiently?
- Go to your Gmail account and afterwards tap the Chat button at the very bottom. If you don't see it, then you need to put chat notifications in your settings (Menu left => Settings => Press on the line with your address => On the new page check the box next to «Show chat and rooms»);
- There will be a «New chat» button in the lower-right corner, press on it and enter the name/login of the acquaintance you want to remove in the search box;
- Go to the dialog and at the top, tap on the icon with dots. Under «Conversational options» will appear a function called «Block»;
- Confirm the choice or cancel the action.
How to delete Hangout contacts in the application
As we said above, the developers of the messenger did not provide for such a possibility. You can only archive a dialog with a specific person or edit out it. Then you will not be disturbed by unnecessary messages. But as soon as the deleted user writes a new text, his dialog will return to the app.
Instructions for archiving Hangout contact dialogs
Step 1. Start the software and mark the conversation you want to remove.
Step 2. In the upper-right corner you will see the familiar icon with dots. Click on it and go to «Options».
Step 3. At the bottom, there will be an «Archive conversation» function. Select it to make the unnecessary dialog disappear.
You can also unarchive the discussion if you somehow want to reread some of it or find important information.
Here's what to do:
- Go to the general menu, which is located on the left;
- In the list of sections, press on the «Archived» button. This section holds all the dialogs that you choose to archive;
- Now just choose the discussion and afterwards push on the icon at the top right and take «Unarchive conversation» from the list;
- The discussion is now back in place!
Instructions on how to remove contact from Hangouts
Don't plan to restore a conversation with someone at all? Then just clear all unnecessary information from your chats.
Step 1. Directly in the application, pick the dialog that you plan to erase.
Step 2. Go to the menu with options through the icon on the right side.
Step 3. In the last line will be the function that allows you to delete a Hangout contact from your app and remove all messages along with it.
Step 4. Confirm that you really want to get rid of the conversation. The deleted information will not be recoverable.
Step 5. As soon as you hit the required button, the messenger is cleared!
A guide on how to delete Hangout contacts from your desktop
Sometimes there are situations when you've been actively communicating with someone through an app on your laptop or computer, but now you want to exclude the person from the messenger. Usually, such situations occur when your colleagues quit, business partners stop providing some services, or the other person has started using different software.
In that case, the acquaintance is no longer relevant and will only be a distraction. Especially when you use this messenger only for business purposes or to solve specific issues.
Here are step-by-step instructions on how to remove somebody from your email application:
- in the lower-left corner, click on the icon for the app;
- you'll see all the dialogs you've started recently;
- now move your mouse over the username and press on the dotted symbol;
- you'll see two options in front of you «Archive» and «Delete»;
- select the one that is best for you and uphold the action;
- you did it in a couple of seconds, congratulations!
We hope that our recommendations helped you to quickly solve the problem and that you figured it out. Many people often don't know how to delete Hangout contacts on their smartphones or computers. This software has an extremely inconvenient interface and unclear even for experienced users a set of functions.
That's why many people prefer personal CRMs instead of such applications:
- They make it easier to store contacts.
- They can help you better interact with people and stay in touch with different categories of friends.
- They provide plenty of opportunities for proper networking.
Do you want to forget the hard times with Hangouts? Then download Nection to manage your connections network properly while still giving each of your contacts the attention they deserve.